Landscape and Building Progress

HomeForumsAnnouncementsLandscape and Building Progress

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  siu 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

WizardCM
    Core Staff

From October to early January, RootPC and myself spent many hours working with RuneScape data, map viewers, map editors, cache extractors and cache editors to generate an accurate heightmap that we could then use to create a Minecraft world using WorldPainter.

Throughout January we finally got this working, both on an early 2006 world and an October 22nd 2007 world, which is what we’re using now.

The following two images show our progress so far. WorldPainter generated the entire landscape in pixel-perfect accuracy both in height and size.

Since generating the landscape, we’ve been hard at work in outlining every fence line, building, wall and bridge to give us a point of reference for building.

semmeess, Motordom and myself built many structures before the landscape was available – primarily in Falador, Taverley, Burthorpe and Goblin Village, as well as some structures in Lumbridge, Varrock and Barbarian Village. Screenshots below are just a taste of how much we’ve completed over the past few weeks. Much more is on its way – we’ll be focusing on RuneScape’s Free to Play areas first.

siu

Looking good! I’m excited for this project and will be following it’s progress.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.