Welcome to 07craft!
07craft is an Old School RuneScape in Minecraft project by WizardCM, with a primary focus on accuracy and attention to detail. Read more here.
Our secondary goal is a unique experience, so we’re doing everything from scratch. As each portion is completed, a ✓ will be placed alongside it.
Check out the world as we build it right here. We are also looking for more staff, including developers! Check the Team page for details.
Here is the plan, in order of priority & development. Specific progress reports will be posted in the Announcements subforum & on Twitter.
- The texture pack. As the user experience is most important, this is at the top of the list. The plan:
- The language file. This will help us coordinate initial ID mappings.
- User interface textures (including fonts)
- Block textures
- Entity textures
- Item textures
- Entity sound effects
- Level up sound effects
- Possibly some music, in a separate pack
- Landscaping. As we’re fairly new to map making, we expect this to take the longest. In order:
- ✓ Oceans
- ✓ Island borders, with free-to-play as priority
- ✓ Land heights
- Trees and other foliage
- Pathways and bridges
- Building & Outlining. All buildings will be accurately scaled based their in-game measurements, with land tweaked to fit it properly.
- Free to play cities
- Smallest islands
- Cities on the edges of the free-to-play
- The rest of the towns, expanding from free-to-play
- Caving. The underground portions of the world will be done separately from the outdoor landscape.
- Free to play
- The rest, expanding from free-to-play
- User interfaces (development). Again, the experience is most important. Before skills, we plan on designing core functionality.
- Chat. Global, local, messaging, NPC chat design.
- Cross-player interaction (including trading and friends lists).
- Skills (development). Below is a rough order of coding priority. Note that skills are extremely complex and deeply interconnected.
- Gathering (Woodcutting, Mining, Fishing, Hunter)
- Combat (Hitpoints, Ranged, Magic, Attack, Defence, Strength, Prayer)
- Production (Firemaking, Crafting, Smithing, Cooking, Runecrafting, Fletching, Herblore, possibly Construction)
- Character Development (Agility, Slayer, Thieving)